Pageviews past week

Monday, July 18, 2011

Round Trip to Texas

Long ago I learned that a writer must have a purpose in writing, an outline, a beginning and ending.  My purpose is to write a Blog that tells my family history for the enlightment of my children, introducing members of the families I knew well, but they will never meet. 

There are two family names: Barwise and DeMere.  Both names are uncommon but they also have stories that are interesting and of some local and national significance.

My story will be auto-biographical.  Some of the people I merely brushed past as I grew.  Others were part of me and helped to form and educate me.  Yes, and there is sadness to tell and regrets by the dozens.  But blame--there is none of that.  Hurt, yes, but no one intended to cause sorrow or unhappiness.  Just things that happen as we grow, age and, eventually, die.

My first recollections are of Wichita Falls, Texas, because that's where I was born in 1925, 

No comments:

Post a Comment